[Mailman-Users] How to prevent email addresses from spambots?

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Mon Jul 8 16:56:19 CEST 2002

On Monday 08 July 2002 03:06 am, Bogardi Janos wrote:
> Web-based archives of postings are great. But how can one defend posters
> from being tracked by spambots and email address crawlers when their emails
> are listed in plain text in the archives?
>
> Anybody has a good solution for prevention?

In the Archiving Options for the list, set the archives to "Private." Members
then enter their passwords to go to the archives. There is also an option to
slightly obfuscate e-mail addresses, but that's not 100% effective against a
smart spambot.

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them