[Mailman-Users] More on ... query about e-mail 'subscribe' commands

Frederick Noronha fred at bytesforall.org
Tue Jul 2 18:42:09 CEST 2002

I just realised what went wrong. Sorry for framing my earlier query
inadequately....

Apparently, once the moderator sends in the 'subscribe' command via
e-mail, it is up to the address-owner to accept (or do nothing about the
subscription). Without the address-owner accepting, he/she doesn't get
added to the list.

Shouldn't Mailman allow the owner to decide that *he* wants someone to be
compulsorily added on?

This option is available in the web-interface version, but I get a chance
to log-on to the web at decent speeds only once or twice a week!

I don't intend to spam readers by forcing them to be on the list. Infact,
if anyone sends in a 'remove me' request, I speedily oblige. But, my
experience is that the average person simply doesn't know how to subscribe
himself, or is too lethargic about joining. Once they are added to a list,
the majority (provided the membership drive is well targeted) admit that
they find it useful.

Could Mailman think of some solution? FN