[Mailman-Users] Delays and Lag-Outs from AOL?

Johnathan Vail vail at newts.org
Thu Jan 31 21:21:59 CET 2002

   On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 14:43, Johnathan Vail wrote:

   > I recently upgraded both my server (from Red Hat 6.2 to 7.2) and
   > Mailman (to the latest 2.0.8).  I am getting complaints from people
   > using the admin and archives pages (mostly from AOL I think) that the
   > pages are real slow and often time out.

   If you are using public archives under pipermail, then they are directly
   available as static file/directorys to the web server, with no
   involvement of Mailman/python.

The particular list(s) are private lists and require the
email/password to access.

   In that case it either your web server or the link between you & AOL.

I stil believe this to be the most likely suspect but if it only
started happening when the server/Mailman was upgraded there still
could be an interaction with mailman and the AOL proxies.

Thanks,

jv