[Mailman-Users] Messages not getting posted

Michael Sullivan msullivan at e-comsupport.com
Tue Jan 29 17:24:27 CET 2002

Hello,

I'm running Mailman 2.0.6 on an OpenBSD 3.0 x86 box.  The installation had
been working perfectly until recently.  Unfortunately I lacked the foresight
to properly adjust certain kernel parameters beforehand, the box ran out of
proc entries, and crashed.  It was rebooted and the proper settings tweaked
to prevent a re-occurance of the incident.

Since then, mail is still being accepted, but is just building up in the
qfiles directory.  These are moderated lists, but when we log in to the
adminsitrative interface, we get "There are no pending requests".
requests.db stays at a filesize of 2.

Mail logs indicate that the mail is being successfully delivered to wrapper.
The only entries in the qrunner log are "cannot acquire lock".  This entry
appears almost every minute, but skips one about every 5 minutes, so I'm
assuming that the lock is expiring and qrunner running normally for a couple
of minutes, and the lock is preventing any new instances from starting up.
The only entries I have in the error log are qrunner "Not locked"
exceptions.  There are only a few, and I think they correspond with me
deleting the locks with qrunner still running while I was troubleshooting.
The post log is simply empty (since the date on which things stopped
working).

I have stopped the cron job long enough to erase lockfiles and run qrunner
manually.  This did me no good.  check_perms returns no problems (as does
check_db, although I doubt it's relevant).  The only thin gI can find that
looks the least bit out of place is that the access times on the qrunner
lock files are always 10 hours or so in the future.  I'm not sure if this is
normal behavior or what.

Any ideas?  I don't really know where else to look for my problem.

Thanks,

Michael Sullivan
UNIX System Administrator
e-Commerce Support Centers, Inc.