[Mailman-Users] another question

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jan 29 05:26:49 CET 2002

Steven Schermerhorn wrote:

> Hey, thanks for the help. I can get to everything through apache now. But
> the links that it uses does not make sense. For example:
> folder. I know I have access to it because if it just do listinfo then it
> downloads the file.

    That means you don' thave Apache setup properly.  A couple of days ago I posted a typical setup, with some personal modifications:

    A typical (customized) setup on my end:

   ServerAdmin mailman at lists.domain.net
 * DocumentRoot /home/mailman/www
   ServerName lists.domain.net
   ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
   Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"
 * Alias /icons/ "/home/mailman/www/icons/"
 * Alias /errors/ "/home/mailman/www/errors/"

   <Directory "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/">
     Options ExecCGI
   </Directory>
   <Directory "/home/mailman/archives/public/">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
   </Directory>
 * <Directory "/home/mailman/www/errors/">
 *   Options Includes
 * </Directory>
 * ErrorDocument 500 /errors/500.shtml
 * ErrorDocument 404 /errors/404.shtml
 * ErrorDocument 403 /errors/403.shtml
   ErrorLog logs/errors_log.lists.domain.net
   CustomLog logs/access_log.lists.domain.net combined

    * - custom mods I added

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130