[Mailman-Users] www install

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jan 29 03:59:05 CET 2002

Steven Schermerhorn wrote:

> Does the 'make install' install the some webpages in '/var/www/html/'
> somewhere?

    Nope.

> I have installed mailman to /home/mailman . Permissions are good and
> apache is configured to let /home/mailman/cgi-bin run cgi scripts, but
> what good does that do? /home/mailman is not on my webserver! Does it need
> to be?

    Everything is installed under /home/mailman.  If you've followed the install instructions, you shold also have added an Alias to Apache that tells it to "translate" /mailman to /home/mailman.  Go through the docs again, you'll find it.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130