[Mailman-Users] Problems with Mailman under 'secure' Linux kernels

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Sun Jan 27 01:53:33 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:59:43AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Has README.LINUX not helped?  I'm attaching a few files from Mailman
> 2.1 just in case they have more useful or up-to-date information.
> The script itself is probably too MM2.1-centric, but it might be
> useful so I'm including it for completeness.

Thanks for answering all this while I was asleep at the wheel :-)
(catching up on my 2000+ list Email backlog right now)

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:25:28PM +0000, Richard Barrett wrote:
> MM 2.0.8 $build/README.LINUX reads as follows which seems define the
> problem and solution pretty clearly:

The  quick version  is that  the script  I wrote  for mailman  2.1 has  been
slightly updated for  the new code, and  contains a few more  things to make
grsecurity happy too.
(the  code   in  mailman  2.0   only  deals  with  restricted   symlinks  in
secure-linux, which is a simpler patch for linux 2.2 kernels).

If you are interested in grsecurity for 2.4 linux kernels, see
http://www.grsecurity.net/

Marc