[Mailman-Users] Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script.

Juan Luis Baptiste M. jbaptiste at localhost.javeriana.edu.co
Sun Jan 27 04:37:30 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to install mailman for the first time in a Mandrake 8.0 box with
postfix as the MTA agent.

I have done everything the documentation says, but I'm having this problem. When
I try to subscribe to a newly created list, I get the confirmation subscription
request message, I reply it but then I don't get any mail back with the
successful subscription message. That happens when the mail is sent from the
same machine where mailman is installed. If the subscription equest is from an
email account in another machine, instead of not getting any mail back, I get a
bounce message saying that the mail couldn't be delivered because this:

<merlinux-request at merlinux.javeriana.edu.co>:
200.3.154.40 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <merlinux-request at merlinux.javeriana.edu.co>: Recipient
address rejected: Relay access denied

Looking at the mail log at /var/log/messages/mail/errors, I see this message
every time I reply to the confirmation request mail:

Jan 23 16:19:00 merlinux Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED
gid 12, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)

I have ran the check_perms with the -f flag as mailman user and every thing
seems ok.

Can anyone give me a clue on this?

Thanks!

--