[Mailman-Users] mailman problem

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Jan 28 21:59:39 CET 2002

> >         And another thing, one of our list was mirrored to the other
list which overite the list.  Is there any backup of the list that Mailman
generated? If not is there a way to recover lost data?

> Don't understand the question here.

There may still be a config.db.last in the directory
~mailman/lists/<listname>/...  if so, you can copy it over the existing bad
config.db and you will once again be happy.  Though I do suspect that by now
you have made changes in the muggled list and saved them - thus overwriting
the config.db.last...

The moral - Backups are important.  How important?  Well, how important are
your lists?

Jon Carnes