[Mailman-Users] Since my Host is doing nothing

Annette @ Hosting Matters mailman at hostmatters.com
Sat Jan 26 01:25:38 CET 2002

> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Since my Host is doing nothing

> My web host, Hosting Matters has decided to move many of its' clients to a
> new server.  The result is we are being place onto your service for (at
> least) mail lists.  Maybe you do the whole thing, don't know, don't care.
(rest snipped for sanity's sake)

Hmm, resting on our laurels, I guess. As noted to you along with other
items - some of which are mentioned in this post to the list - the mailman
software is something local to the server, not something external to it (and
the data certainly isn't managed by someone else, just as SmartList isn't
handled off network). Mailman has excellent features and is much better in
terms of scalability, IMO, than other list software, but there is the
occasional person that finds it too difficult to use. For them, another
script can be found. It isn't as if mailman is the only list software out
there - but it surely is one of the better ones. I'm not certain that a
mailman mailing list is exactly the place for getting those types of
recommendations, however.

Regards,

Annette
Hosting Matters, Inc.