[Mailman-Users] hooking up help?

ray jones ray at raymondjones.net
Fri Jan 25 22:15:50 CET 2002

OK, guys, I am a newbie. 2 years, and still haven't got a clue. :)
 This is RH6.2, Apache 1.3.6-7, python 1.5.2-27.6x. I assume mailman
will run on the above. I got it compiled, and installed, and the
list-bot is up and happy. He is at groom-request at raymondjones.net
ISSUE: Not enough sense to hook up Apache! Can anyone help? The Apache
error logs simply say, file does not exist, for all of the things that
should  play the pages to the users.

What I've done:  This Apache is running a lot of CGI's both in Perl and
in C, and they work fine, but they are in the docroot tree. I can't make
him look "outside" for stuff. In srm.conf I already had a ScriptAlias,
so I made another line, added ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
/home/mailman/cgi-bin/. Is that OK? I see the docs say add Exec, but I
don't know where to do that, as I don't seem to have any Exec line in
any of the .conf files. Httpd.conf seems concerned with setups and
logging, mostly, and access.conf is a null file. Where do I do what to
srm.conf to make Apache "see" where he needs to "see"? Thank you. Ray

--
Ray R. Jones
Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
ray at raymondjones.net
HTTP://www.raymondjones.net