[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Darwin and SMRSH, Oh My

Eric France efrance at vanteon.com
Thu Jan 24 20:56:52 CET 2002

I've got mailman 2.0.8 up and stumbling on a Mac OS X (10.1)
box.  Along the way, I ran into the smrsh problems that
others have been reporting to this list.  The problem appears
to be that smrsh is "dotcatenating" the wrapper arguments to
the name of the wrapper executable before searching the
authorized directory.  So, for a list named "mylist", when
a message arrives, it looks for /usr/adm/sm.bin/wrapper.post.mylist
 -- and fails when it can't find it.

My ugly workaround is to satisfy it by creating a shellscript in
the sm.bin directory whose name matches the dotcatenated string
it's searching for (above), of the form:

---- /usr/adm/sm.bin/wrapper.post.mylist ----
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post mylist

I have to create three of these for each group (post, mailcmd,
and mailowner).

I don't like this solution but it's working.  Does anyone know if
this is correct behaviour for smrsh?

Eric France
Software Engineer
Vanteon