[Mailman-Users] new list e-mail adresses not being created

Aaron M Daley webmaster at freespeech.org
Wed Jan 23 19:03:46 CET 2002

I have been running mailman successfully for about a year now with about 7
active lists. Yesterday I tried to set up a new list "rapscallion". It
seemed to go fine. I recieved the usual confirmation letter with the new
list info. When I tried to subscribe to it, that also seemed to go ok
untill I recieved the confirmation e-mail. When I tried to reply to the
confirmation, the e-mail is continuously returned as undeliverable with the
following error:

 >>> RCPT To:<rapscallion-request at lists.freespeech.org>
<<< 550 <rapscallion-request at lists.freespeech.org>... User unknown

The same goes for rapscallion-admin and rapscallion-owner. For some reason
it is not setting up the new e-mail addresses. I have tried deleting the
list and recreating it. i've tried recreating under a different list name
but to no avail. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Aaron
webmaster at freespeech.org