[Mailman-Users] uns ubscribe <admin_password> user at somewhere.com?

Dustin Clampitt jdustin at sockeye.com
Wed Jan 23 03:02:09 CET 2002

(spaces used to thwart administrivia)

 uns ubscribe "admin_password" user at somewhere.com

I thought I had found a way to do this, but now I can't do it.

How does the list administrator uns ubscribe an address,
via email, without knowing the user's password?

It appears the list subscriber/user has more privilege than
the list administrator.  Is there a password configured
somewhere that permits the list administrator to do the
same things as a user?  I would hope that the command
parser would check for the user password, and if that fails
check for an administrative, or privileged password.

It would also be good to have a privileged password for email
commands that is separate from the password for the list
owner so that the list administrators real password isn't
sent as clear text.

I'm assuming the creators of mailman monitor this list.  Is
there a page somewhere that shows features planned for
future releases?

How do we submit our feature requests to the developers?

Thanks,
Dustin Clampitt
Dustin Clampitt - Sockeye Networks - 617 559 4019 - dclampitt at sockeye.com