[Mailman-Users] mailman doesn't run???

Craig Richardson craig at maccs.mq.edu.au
Wed Jan 23 00:58:02 CET 2002

I had the almost the same thing happen.

I tar'ed my mailman installation on the old disk and moved it that way so
all permissions would be kept.  Had to tell the new apache to use user
Nobody instead of the new default Apache user.  Made a new user on the "new"
system for mailman and setup the required aliases and crontabs. I also had
to tell smrsh to use the wrapper program. This seems to work.

However if I try to upgrade to 2.0.8 I get the same symptoms as you
described. (Anyone know why?)

All I can deduce is that this must be a permissions problem, try using tar
to move the files across and make sure the new mailman user had the same
UID/GID as the old on on the old system.

Good luck!
Craig