[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Question on gate_news script

mailman-users at pandmservices.com mailman-users at pandmservices.com
Mon Jan 21 03:44:03 CET 2002

Hello,

I have started to use mailman to be  an interface from and to several
 mailling lists and newsgroups at news.uslinuxtraining.com. The inbound
(maillist-->newsgroups) works perfectly, however I do have a question before
I enable the outbound (newsgroups-->maillists).

I am not the origionating host for most of these lists. If I receive a
 message in (for example from mail.kde.org), translate this to news, what
 prevents this message from being sent back to the sending address.

Example:

list address is:

kde at mail.kde.org

newsgroup is:

kde.kde

I have one subscriber:

kde at mail.kde.org

This one subscriber should get any posts made to the newsgroup, but NOT any
post that comes in from the mail.kde.org server. (From the list address).

Is this possible?

Thanks,
-Chris