[Mailman-Users] post failures for other domains

Logu linuxlog at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 07:10:01 CET 2002

I have installed mailman in madrake 6.0 with sendmail 8.10. Now the problem
is that if a user is from the same domain.com and subscribes using the email
(to list-request at domain.com, sub: subscribe) then s/he is getting a message
for confirmation. If it the email address is from other email ids say from
logu at yahoo.com  then the mail asking for confirmation is not coming.

(This happens even if I manually subscribe mail-ids which is in other
domains say user at yahoo.com  and send a mail to the list, then the mail goes
only to the local domain.com and it is not going to out side domains)

In the maillog. I find this entry. And there is no To entry for that mail.

Jan 18 02:47:01 logumac sendmail[4844]: g0IAl0N04844:
from=<list-admin at domain.com>, size=1609, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the mailman log(~mailman/log/post) I find all these postings as failures.

In other machine which works fine. I find the corresponding entry as follows
and there is a To entry for that mail.

Jan 18 14:41:01 mail sendmail[3033]: OAA03033: from=list-admin at domain.com,
size=1772, class=-60, pri=139772, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200201180911.OAA03033 at domain.com>, proto=ESMTP,
relay=IDENT:mailman at localhost [127.0.0.1]

Is that relay=localhost that matters here.?

Expecting your help and suggestions

-logu