[Mailman-Users] prevent attachemtens for several lists

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Jan 19 09:01:18 CET 2002

"Krause, Uwe" wrote:

> maybe a FAQ (but havent found it in the FAQ`s).How can i prevent sending messages out with attachments for a respective list ?We run several lists on the host, but one list manager ask for prevent his list againsthtml (simple solution -> stripmime.pl) and any attachments (no idea)....

    Hrm, according to Stripmime's own website, it also strips away attachments, but it doesn't go into detail of how, or what it does.  I've never used stripmime myself, so I can't tell you how to set it up that way.  I use MIMEDefang (http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/), which does a whole lot more than just strip away "stuff".

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130