[Mailman-Users] Too Many Recipients Error

Mary-Kay Kaminski mary-kay.kaminski at yale.edu
Thu Jan 17 23:35:09 CET 2002

A person with an email address that appears in "Addresses of members
accepted for posting to this list without implicit approval requirement"
experienced a strange problem sending to one of our MailMan lists.  The
list hadn't changed and her message appeared to send as it normally
would. However, she then received an email from
medradpi-list-admin at vectra.med.yale.edu saying: "Your mail....is being
held until the list moderator can review it for approval. The reason it
is being held: Too many recipients."

 The list administrator subsequently approved the email, and
they have now gone through. But, I don't understand why they just didn't
go through automatically. Please educate me on what "Too many
recipients" means and what I need to do to prevent this from happening
again.

A search of this error in your discussion archives has shed no light.
Any ideas?  All advice appreciated.
Thank You
Mary-Kay
Mary-Kay Kaminski
Email/Systems Administrator and Postmaster
Yale School of Medicine
ITS-Med - Systems and Network Engineering