[Mailman-Users] mailman list qrunner locks getting stuck?

Thomas Hillson hillson at iastate.edu
Thu Jan 17 15:50:35 CET 2002

I am having a serious problem with mailman with lists getting
apparently corrupted and becoming none functional. The first symptom
is you try to send a piece of mail to a list and it does nothing. The
email just disappears into a black hole. There is a record in the
maillog that them message came into the computer and was destine for
mailman to process it. It then disappears, there is no record of it
in the mailman logs and no other mention of it in the maillog. The
next symptom you find is that you can no longer manage the list. When
you try to log in either as the manager of the list or as the mailman
manager the list does not respond to you. You get an error message
saying "The attempt to load 'Accessing
URL:http://mailserver/mailman/admin/agsupport/' failed".

After fighting this for a few weeks I found that the problem was due
to the lock files having a problem. When I check the qrunner log, it
shows problems with the lock files. If I delete the lock files the
list goes a head and works again. Is there a known problem with the
lock files, or is there something I need to look at in the
configuration of the list or mailman.

thanks,

Tom
--