[Mailman-Users] cant get into admin screen

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 08:11:01 CET 2002

Check the ~mailman/locks/.. directory.  If you have existing locks, look at
the number on the end of the lock file and search your processes for that
process number.
   ps aux

Kill the processes that are running.  Most likely you will have several
lock files and only the last one will have an open process.  It's possible
that none of the processes are still running.

Once you have killed all the processes, the delete the lock files in
~mailman/locks.

Now try again to access the list via the web admin.  If you are using IE
v6.x then you might have problems again.  I've been having trouble with IE
v6.x on some of my lists.

HtH, Jon Carnes