[Mailman-Users] Using mailman to take care of mailer-demons

Morten Brix Pedersen morten at wtf.dk
Mon Jan 14 15:20:01 CET 2002

Hi,

At my company, we have a rather big amount of websites where users can
subscribe to newsletters and more. Now we are having the problem that
more than 3000 messages are coming back as mailer demons, and a person
has to delete these e-mails automatically.

All the e-mail addresses lies in an Oracle database.

Question: Is it possible to set up Mailman to do this?:

1) When a mailer-demon is received for the Xth time, Mailman executes a
program to delete the user from our Oracle database (and delete it from
Mailmans database)

2) All e-mails not being mailer-demons, should still go through to the
right person. That is, if an e-mail is being sent to foo at bar.com, then
mailer-demons should be filtered of, and normal e-mails should still be
sent to the appropriate person.

Thanks in advance.

    - Morten.