[Mailman-Users] a few questions (fwd)

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Sun Jan 13 14:13:17 CET 2002

Quoting C. Bensend (benny at bennyvision.com):
>                  from common.h:27,
>                  from ./common.c:20:
> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [common.o] Error 1
>
> Now, to fix it...  On one of my linux boxen, I did a 'locate
> errno.h'.  It appears in '/usr/include/errno.h', and from the
> output of 'rpm -qf /usr/include/errno.h':

No, the compiler was looking for <linux/errno.h>, not <errno.h>.  The word
"linux" is a clue - the include file is part of the kernel distribution,
not part of the compiler.  If you want to compile just about anything in
Linux, you have to install the kernel headers package.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
My brother went to Florida, and all he bought me was this stupid election.