[Mailman-Users] Help! I think I broke the Mailmain mailing list page...

Allan White allan at pumpchurch.org
Fri Jan 11 22:01:01 CET 2002

...when I edited the HTML to make it look like my site. I've set up this
page to let new users subscribe to my list:

The 'subscribe' button does nothing when clicked. As far as I can tell, all
the important code is there in the subscription submission area (like the
Python includes) -code below*.

Can anyone think of what the deal is? I wish there was a "restore default"
button on the form. At the least, would anyone be willing to email me the
default code that appears in a new install of Mailman? This would be from
the 'Edit HTML for General List' page (/edithtml/[listname]/listinfo.html).
Thanks for your help! I don' wanna reinstall it... =P

Sincerely and with great humility,

Allan White
www.pumpchurch.org

*    <P>You can subscribe to the list, or change your existing
       subscription, in the sections below.
     <P><B>Subscribing to <MM-LIST-NAME></B></P>
     <P>
       Subscribe to <MM-LIST-NAME> by filling out the following
         form.
     <MM-LIST-SUBSCRIPTION-MSG>
     <UL>
         <TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="2" CELLPADDING="2"
       WIDTH="70%" HEIGHT= "112">
       <TR>
         <TD BGCOLOR="#dddddd" WIDTH="55%">Your email address:</TD>
         <TD WIDTH="33%"><MM-SUBSCRIBE-BOX>
   </TD>
   <TD WIDTH="12%">&nbsp;</TD></TR>
     <TR>
   <TD COLSPAN="3"><FONT SIZE=-1>You must enter a
       privacy password. This provides only mild security,
       but should prevent others from messing with your
       subscription.  <B>Do not use a valuable password</B> as
       it will occasionally be emailed back to you in cleartext.
       <MM-REMINDER></FONT>
   </TD>
     </TR>
     <TR>
   <TD BGCOLOR="#dddddd">Pick a password:</TD>
   <TD><MM-NEW-PASSWORD-BOX></TD>
   <TD>&nbsp;</TD></TR>
     <TR>
   <TD BGCOLOR="#dddddd">Reenter password to confirm:</TD>
   <TD><MM-CONFIRM-PASSWORD></TD>
   <TD>&nbsp; </TD></TR>
     <TR>
   <TD>Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily
     digest?
     </TD>
   <TD><MM-UNDIGEST-RADIO-BUTTON> No
       <MM-DIGEST-RADIO-BUTTON>  Yes
   </TD>
     </TR>
     <TR>
   <TD COLSPAN="3">
     <CENTER><MM-SUBSCRIBE-BUTTON></P></CENTER>
   </TABLE>
   <MM-FORM-END>