[Mailman-Users] ImportError: No module named Mailman

Bill Moseley moseleymm at hank.org
Fri Jan 11 18:06:21 CET 2002

At 11:52 AM 01/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>That usually happens if the install was broken or you're trying to run
>Mailman out of the unpack directory instead of the install directory.

Hi Barry,

I assume the install is broken, but I'm trying to find out what exactly is
broken.

>Mailman has to "path-hack" to get all the right stuff onto sys.path,
>which is why "make install" creates a paths.py file and Mailman always
>imports that before any other Mailman specific modules.  (Note that
>"import paths" doesn't have to be in every file.)

The installation had been working perfectly.

I can't really remember exactly what happened.  I can't remember if I had a
drive error, rebooted and then cron started reporting the Mailman error, or
if it all stared with the Mailman error.

Regardless, I'm trying to understand what exactly is broken.  I've run make
install again, hoping to replace any files that might have been removed
when I ran e2fsck.

So what should I look for?

I could just reinstall from scratch, but I'd like to be able to understand
the problem in case it ever pops up again.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley at hank.org