[Mailman-Users] procmail recipes

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jan 10 19:21:36 CET 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:41:54 -0600
jerry  <jerry at eepopp.org> wrote:

> I have looked at

>   http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.004.htp

> in the FAQ there is this:

>> My entire setup except for the procmail recipes can be found
>> here: ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives/

> I look for the procmail recipes at this site but they aren't
> there.

Yes, because they are system specific and entirely trivial.
Example:

  :0 Whf
  | formail -z -R 'From ' X-Envelope-From:
  ...deletia...
  :0
    * ^Sender: *mud-dev-admin
    | rcvstore +Lists/MUD-Dev-L/archive
  ...deletia...
  }

As mentioning in the FAQ entry I wrote above, I use MH folders for
mailstores.  I do this for a wide range of reasons most of which
come down to personal preference (I actively dislike mbox) and
ease of integration with other bits of my system.  YMWV.

> Anybody know of another site that might have procmail recipes.

I suggest starting out by reading the procmail main pages.

--
J C Lawrence