[Mailman-Users] Ignoring duplicate messages?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Wed Jan 9 18:32:52 CET 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:21:33AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:43:11 GMT
> Melanie Dymond Harper <mel at vanyel.herald.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've got some users who hit "reply-to-all" and thus wind up with
> > two copies of the message coming towards the list concerned.
>
> Then their MUAs are seriously broken.

The people I see who do it are using Outhouse, so yes, their MUAs are
seriously broken, by definition.

> > I realise that the best way round this is user education (!)...
>
> No, the solution is to get them to use an actually working and
> correct MUA.

The problem is that Outhouse is a tarpit - it doesn't matter how many
problems you point out that Outhouse has, both in complete purposeful
ignorance of the RFCs and common sense and the multitude of security
holes, it seems impossible to get people to change to something decent.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
"All life is transitory. A dream. We all come together in the same place at