[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jan 9 06:29:50 CET 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:47:58 -0800 (PST)
Michael Ghens <michael at spconnect.com> wrote:

> On the mailman page, it states taht mailman 2.1 is still alpha. I
> would like to move to it. Is it worth my time or should I wait?

That rather depends on your needs, your level of general SysAdm
expertise and ability debug/work around any problem you may find --
and yes, there are still problems/bugs being found and fixed.  That
said, there are also sites with it in useful production (with some
hand holding).

  My decision and reasoning: I wouldn't roll 2.1 into production yet
  (and I'm keenly awaiting several 2.1 features) as I'm a rather
  lazy SysAdm and don't want to invest in the extra babysitting and
  monitoring that would be involved at this stage.

Caveat Emptor.

--
J C Lawrence