[Mailman-Users] Install Question

Tim Legg mail_man at pc047113.stuorg.iastate.edu
Wed Jan 9 01:54:39 CET 2002

So I should modify the FreeBSD /etc/master.passwd and change the encrypted
password to '*'?  Is this the method in which you describe?

I already ran adduser and created the user and group mailman.  I asserted
the shell to be /dev/null

[excerpt from /etc/passwd]
mail_man:*:1000:1000:Tim Legg:/home/mail_man:/bin/csh
mailman:*:1003:999:Mailman Daemon:/home/mailman:/dev/null

The one on top is the address in which I subscribe to this list with.