[Mailman-Users] test list aliases

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Sat Jan 5 20:55:07 CET 2002

Quoting Darren (backdoc at crotchett.com):
> Thanks.  Yes, I did run newlist.  So, I'm sure the aliases were echoed to my
> screen.  It was about 2:00 am, though.  And, since I am new to all of this
> (Postfix and mail servers in general), evidently I made the decision that I
> was too tired and mistake prone to read up on where Postfix keeps its
> aliases.  I didn't know if Postfix used /etc/aliases or not.  I have
> /etc/aliases on my box.  But, I didn't know if that was left over from
> Sendmail.

Yes, that's where postfix keeps its aliases.  I configured my postfix to
use two alias files, /etc/alaises and /etc/mailman_aliases (and gave the
mailman user write access to /etc/mailman_aliases) to make thing easier.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Recursion: n., see Recursion.