[Mailman-Users] Sharing a Mailman installation between two systems

David Osborne David.Osborne at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 18:42:33 CET 2002

We've got two systems for serving our lists, with the more powerful
primary system sharing its Mailman installation via NFS with the less
powerful secondary. Under Mailman 1.0, this worked fine: I adjusted
aliases for the less important lists so they were processed on the
secondary system, taking load off the primary.

Yesterday, I upgraded to Mailman 2.0.7 and with the change in the
method of queue running, the main system now does all the work -- the
secondary only does the initial handling of the injection of a message
into Mailman from the MTA (Exim 3.22), while the delivery of the
message to the subscribers for all the lists now takes place on the
primary.

Is it possible to configure my two systems to work as they did under
MM 1.0 and share the load?

thanks
David Osborne                         david.osborne at nottingham.ac.uk
Academic Computing Services