[Mailman-Users] Repeat messages - FollowUp-Summary

Joseph McCall jomccall at informaxinc.com
Thu Feb 28 16:02:53 CET 2002

All the permissions look good and the headers don't indicate looping
membership. Some good ideas and certainly appreciated.

The final clue to the puzzle (I think) is that the last two times this has
occurred (previously with Mailman 2.0.5):

	a) the recipients had left the company we were mailing to
	b) they had set up forwarding and
	c) they had set up auto-reply ("I no longer am with...")
	d) (interesting) the receiving mail systems were both running Novell
GroupWise

I'm taking the low-road and blaming the receiving end not returning proper
notification of delivery (though my logs show that they deliveries were
successful).

Anywho, thanks for the replies!

Joe