[Mailman-Users] I Suppose that MailMan doesn't work with IPLANET/NETSCAPE Messaging?

Sergio Sousa ssousa at whatevernet.com
Tue Feb 26 19:24:14 CET 2002

file?

Iplanet Messaging Server doesn't require to run newaliases. In fact,
what I did wasn't create aliases ... but new users on LDAP that have
there emails as the aliases that should be created for each list.

> You also mentioned that the redirection of the mail with another
script
> worked.  I assume you ran it locally.  Did you register the alias for
your
> list?

Yes .. it was run locally. What I did was create a script that writes de
input (the mail that arrives to the list alias) to a file. What I mean
with that is Iplanet is processing well the mail and sending it to the
script. When I replace with the correct script
(|/usr/local/mailman/wrapper post list) nothing happens.

> Also, did you check your syslog, system messages, or system mail?
> (/var/log/syslog, /var/adm/messages, /var/mail/)

For Iplanet ... and for Solaris ... everything is OK! Tha problem must
be on the wrapper application! Or in my Mailman configuration!

> Hope this helps,
> Anna

 Thanks for your support,

     Sergio Sousa

> At 05:40 PM 02/26/2002 -0000, you wrote:
> >Thanks for your answer.
> >But my problem is that I use Iplanet Messaging as MTA ... anda Apache
as
> >WebServer.
> >I`ll try to find out what is the problema!
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> >    Sergio

                      INTERNET MAIL FOOTER
A presente mensagem pode conter informação considerada confidencial.
Se o receptor desta mensagem não for o destinatário indicado, fica
expressamente proibido de copiar ou endereçar a mensagem a terceiros.
Em tal situação, o receptor deverá destruir a presente mensagem e por
gentileza informar o emissor de tal facto.
Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you
should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply
email.