[Mailman-Users] Web Forum Frontend to Mailinglist

Jerry Stratton jerry at sandiego.edu
Tue Feb 26 23:43:23 CET 2002

>I've searched for information on the Mailman-to-news since I'm
>looking for a way to allow answering
>list messages from the web also. Is there documentation online about
>this? Does it require running a
>private news server?

Yes, or at least working with a news provider that allows you to add
newsgroups--though in the latter case you've got to deal with a wider
audience.

I think what the other poster was recommending was using newsgroups
*instead* of a web forum. Otherwise, once you've got the newsgroup
running you still need to create the Usenet-Web gateway software.
We've done it, but it required programming (I don't know if there are
any off-the-shelf solutions for Usenet-Web gateways).

Jerry
jerry at sandiego.edu
http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
Serra 188B/x8773
--
The more restrictions there are, the poorer the people become. The
greater the government¹s power, the more chaotic the nation would