[Mailman-Users] Umbrella List Question

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Tue Feb 26 20:27:05 CET 2002

Good question...  Okay, here is start.  These two lines list out the email
addresses that are set to NOMAIL for a specific list.

=== No Mail users ===
~mailman/bin/dumpdb ../lists/<list-name>/config.db | grep "@" |grep ": 1" |
sed "s/'user_options'//" | cut -f2 "-d'"

~mailman/bin/dumpdb ../lists/<list-name>/config.db | grep "@" |grep ": 9" |
sed "s/'user_options'//" | cut -f2 "-d'"

User_options 1 and 9 signify nomail:
  1 is no mail and digest
  9 is no mail and regular

If the first user of a list has the NOMAIL option then 'user options'
appears in front of it, and the cut doesn't get the email address.  To
handle this minor problem, I use sed to edit it out if it occurs.

You can use these two lines to gather all the NOMAIL users from each of your
lists and then grep those users out before adding the folks on the list to
the total.  Once you get it working, how about posting the modified version
so we can add it to the FAQ as well.

Thanks - Jon Carnes