[Mailman-Users] moderated list: can only view 6-7K of message!

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Feb 25 15:27:51 CET 2002

The amount of the message that is copied for preview is set in:
  ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py  (or Defaults.py):

===
# how many bytes of a held message post should be displayed in the admindb
web
# page?  Use a negative number to indicate the entire message, regardless of
# size (though this will slow down rendering those pages).
ADMINDB_PAGE_TEXT_LIMIT = 4096
===

Be sure to add these lines to the file mm_cfg.py and then edit as
appropriate.

NOTE:  the admin does not display the actual email message but a *copy* of
the email message.  This distinction is important, because even though you
may edit the copy of the message displayed in the Admin window, the actual
message remains unchanged...  Some folks are confused by this.

Jon Carnes