[Mailman-Users] Backups

Delpy delpy at sover.net
Wed Feb 20 06:00:13 CET 2002

I can't find any reference to this possible issue:

Is it OK to simply tar the Mailman directory and call that a backup? I ask
because I'm not sure what the issues are surrounding this while the Mailman
cron entries may or may not be running at the moment of tar. In the end, I'd
like to be in a position to restore Mailman on a brand new OS load with no
hassles as well as a possible restore to the current machine. Anyone with
any practical experience willing to share?

Thanks!