[Mailman-Users] Moderated list: admin vs moderator

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Wed Feb 20 21:32:06 CET 2002

At 13:16 -0500 2/20/2002, Paul-Catalin Oros wrote:
>Implicitly approved
>people. I just tested this and it works fine.

Implicitly approved people (addresses) can be forged.  Easily.

Over on the developer list, I recently suggested using digitally signed
messages as the implicit approval mechanism.  Now, we're pretty much
talking people rather than addresses (throw out the key if one gets
compromised).

The responses were all about various ways to implicitly approve addresses.
No response that I recall seeing discussed digital signatures.

Oh, well.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA