[Mailman-Users] locks, max cpu, postfix, qrunner ugliness

Morgan Fletcher morgan at hahaha.org
Mon Feb 18 02:14:14 CET 2002

I just used bin/add_members to build out the ~1800 members of our mailing
list.

Now, python (2.0) is wedging itself everytime it's launched:

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE     TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
 4246 mailman   57    0    24M   23M run       8:22 98.44% 98.44% python

I'm running Mailman 2.0.8 on Python 2.0, NetBSD 1.5.1,
Postfix-20010228-pl03, machine is beefy.

I think our list is hitting some sort of postfix limitation, but I'm not
sure what it is.

If I HUP the qrunner process, delete its two lock files, I can re-launch it
and some mail will be delivered, but then the qrunner process will wedge
itself again. I've got qrunner commented out in mailman's crontab until I
can figure this out.

Please advise!

Morgan