[Mailman-Users] Problems with mailman header regexps

Russell King rmk at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Feb 14 18:32:32 CET 2002

Hi,

Please CC: me with any responses; I'm not subscribed to these mailman
lists.

I'm desperately trying to get mailman to filter HTML-encoded email
from my mailing lists.  The problem is no matter what I try it still
gets through.

It appears that some of my regexps work, but some don't; this has been
annoying me for some time now, and I'm now at the point of considering
dropping mailman unless a solution to this problem can be found.

The message in question had the following headers:

> From: ³×Æ®¿öÅ© <guisee9 at lycos.com>
> To:  <linux-arm-kernel at lists.arm.linux.org.uk>

We've had all of the following in "bounce matching headers":

Content-type \(text/html\|multipart/alternative\)

(the last is definitely wrong; mailman complains in the config log).
None of these have worked.  The full regexp list is currently: