[Mailman-Users] Better two than none? (Was: Changing the list password (when you do not know it)

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 18:11:37 CET 2002

At 08:18 14/02/2002 -0800, Jon Carnes wrote:
>Understandable confusion.  This "list of mailman users" maintains its own
>FAQ (the one at Python).  The older FAQ at gnu.org was not being updated and
>it gets tiring (and a bit ridiculous) to answer the same question over a
>hundred times.
>
>I only wish that the footer for this list indicated the FAQ for this list.
>
>Jon Carnes

Interesting you should say that as yesterday I e-mailed the following
suggestion to Mailman-Users-admin at python.org in the hope it would get
through the noise of the list and be acted upon. Only got a canned response
saying don't expect a personal response. Don't much mind if the FAQ's URL
is added to the list's footer.

I said:

It might be worth adding a link (http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py)
for the Mailman FAQ to the footers of mail distributed by the Mailman-Users
list.

It would make the FAQ more accessible and might help reduce the incidence
of repeated queries about some topics that are posted to the list.

Is it also worth adding a link to the FAQ to
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users, for the same reason?