[Mailman-Users] auto-rejecting non-subscriber posts

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Feb 13 14:46:30 CET 2002

Interestingly enough, both Sendmail and Postfix have the options you
mentioned.  In sendmail you would typically edit the /etc/mail/access file
and then run "make".

The nice thing about that file is that you can reject from any ip or
ip-range and provide a clear reject message as to why they are being
rejected.  I do this all the time (while waiting for a site to bet blasted
via the RBL of my choice).
BTW: I have found that SpamCop is a good way of busting new IP-ranges and
getting them added quickly to the reject list.

Jon Carnes