[Mailman-Users] value of Sender: field for outgoing member postings

Heiko Rommel rommel at suse.de
Wed Feb 13 16:27:41 CET 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Heiko Rommel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to set the Sender field for outgoing messages to
>
> Sender: owner-<listname>@some.domain
>
> instead of
>
> Sender: <listname>-admin at some.domain
>
> How can this be accomplished ?
> What kind of problems will I have to face (if any) ?
>
> Heiko
>
> BTW: Mailman version 2.0.8

A colleague of mine helped me with this.
He wrote:

---- snip ----

It looks like this is hardcoded and mailman creators won't let it to be
modified. So, you can change 'GetAdminEmail' in MailList.py to your needs.
It is very easy, but notice, that even in current CVS there is no move to make
it configuratable -- so, you'll probably have to patch it every time... :-(

It is easy, just change:
    def GetAdminEmail(self):
                return '%s-admin@%s' % (self._internal_name, self.host_name)

to:
    def GetAdminEmail(self):
                return 'owner-%s@%s' % (self._internal_name, self.host_name)

Works fine.
However, one should add an alias owner-<listname> to the list of aliases.