[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman mailing problem

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 11:27:59 CET 2002

At 06:29 11/02/2002 +0000, Ganesh HariHaran wrote:

>HI Richard
>
>I moved my mailman and sendmail server to another machine since i had
>to work on ipmasq kernel.
>
>I moved the apache, sendmail mailbox and /home/mailman directories..
>
>my mail server is working fine and so too my apache with mailman web
>interface.
>
>As i forgot to link mailman wrapper to /etc/smrsh file , it threw me
>error like this..

>"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post sysadmin"
>     (expanded from: <sysadmin at naturesoft.net>)

>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/natarajan_vp.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/archive_ff.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/joseph.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/claus.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/patrick.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/wilfred.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/premsagar.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/paul_r.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/saugatac.lock"
>sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
>554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post sysadmin"... Service unavailable
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/felix.lock"
>procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/sivakumar_j.lock"
>
>Then, after realising the mistake.. i linked the wrapper file to
>/etc/smrsh
>
>The /etc/aliases file was already moved  also..
>
>Now, when i snd a mail to any of the lists, the mails are not
>delived... i dont have any messages in the error logs also,.

You could start by looking at:

1. verifying you have installed Mailman's crontab on the new machine (and
removed them from the old one?).

2. in Mailman $prefix/logs/qrunner to verify it is running regularly.

2. in your MTA log to see if it is delivering to Mailman.

3. in Mailman's $prefix/logs/post for entries corresponding to the maillog
entries

4. in Mailman's preifx/logs/smtp for entrie corresponding to the logs/post
entries