[Mailman-Users] Can't Add Lists After Upgrade

Larry Hansford lhansfor at creativedatasolns.com
Sat Feb 9 08:39:54 CET 2002

I was running Red Hat 7.0, Postfix, and Mailman 2.0.6, and have been
running with that setup since 2.0.6 was released.

I upgraded the server to Red Hat 7.2, but did not change anything
else.  After the upgrade, all of the exists lists continued to
work.  However, I could no longer add new lists.  If I issue a
/home/mailmain/bin/newlist command, it accepts the new list name, e-mail
address, and password, and then hangs while attempting to create the
list.  After a period of time waiting, if I abort the creation process and
check the status, I find that it created the directory for the list under
/home/mailman/lists but did not create any files in the directory.

I downloaded Mailman 2.0.8 and ran "make install".  After the install I ran
the check_perms and it did not report any errors.  All of the existing
lists continue to function, including allowing me to access the admin pages
with the web browser.  But, I still cannot create a new list.

Are there other configuration changes I need to make with this install?

Thanks!

Larry