[Mailman-Users] removing message headers

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 21:32:38 CET 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 15:05, Andrew Watson wrote:
> No doubt a common newbie question, but is there a way to remove some
> of the headers from each message sent from my list? I refer to the
> stuff like this:
>
> At 2:33 PM -0500 2/8/02, mailman-users-request at python.org wrote:
> >Sender: mailman-users-admin at python.org
>
> I realize some of this may be necessary to proper function
> (X-BeenThere?) but some is clearly not.
>
> -Andrew

Its quite easy to do.  You edit one file - please backup the file before
you edit it!:
  ~mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py

  headers = {
      'List-Id'         : listid,
      'List-Help'       : '<mailto:%s?subject=help>' % requestaddr,
      'List-Unsubscribe': subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, 'un'),
      'List-Subscribe'  : subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, ''),
      'List-Post'       : '<mailto:%s>' % mlist.GetListEmail(),
      }

Feel free to delete any of the lines inside the "headers" clause, but I
would recommend that you leave 'List-Id'.

BTW: I strongly feel that this should be in the FAQ, even though I fully
agree that the problem is with the Mail client (the MUA) and not with
Mailman.

Jon Carnes