[Mailman-Users] /etc/aliases and new lists?

Detlef Neubauer detlef.neubauer at charite.de
Fri Feb 8 16:26:05 CET 2002

Michael Styer <mas at codix.net> writes:

> If so, can anyone explain what I would need to add to /etc/aliases for
> each list in order to make them function correctly?

My MTA ist Postfix. I have added in main.cf

,----
| alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/aliases.mailman
| alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/aliases.mailman
`----

and /etc/aliases.mailman is

,----
| -rw-rw-r--  1 root  mailman  11227 Feb  8 15:24 /etc/aliases.mailman
`----

When i create a new list, i use

,----
| newlist -o /etc/aliases.mailman ...
`----

This apped the listaliases to the file /etc/aliases.mailman.

The last step ist to rebuild the aliases database with the command
newaliases. Normaly only root can execute newaliases. But with sudo,
mailman also can execute this.

,----[ /etc/sudoers ]
| mailman mailman=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/newaliases
`----

Thats my way.

 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
 Detlef Neubauer