[Mailman-Users] send a mail to all subscribers of several list

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Feb 7 18:39:01 CET 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:37:06 +0100
Solignani Tiziano <solignani at solignani.it> wrote:

> 	Do you by any chance know I can send a message to all the
> subscribers of several lists, avoiding of course duplicates?

This is not currently supported, and additionally, be aware that
some subscribers to the various lists will not only want, but demand
the duplicates and will be upset if they don't receive them.

Why?

The most common reason is that they filter their mail into folders
and if you don't send the duplicates all but one of those folders
ends up without a message.  This can be particularly troublesome if
you read some folders more frequently than others, are trying to
maintain a compleat archive of certain lists, or do automated
processing of list messages.

--
J C Lawrence