[Mailman-Users] email address datastore

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Wed Feb 6 23:01:39 CET 2002

So you want to "rename a list".  That's not easy.  Barry posted
a procedure last August for doing this, in message ID
<15227.19242.722021.175539 at anthem.wooz.org>; check out the archives
for that message, and see if it works for you.  If so, we could
perhaps add it to the Mailman FAQ.

It may be easier just to dump the subscriber list, create a new
list, and restore it.  You'll lose user options and archives
(at least without some extra manual work), but perhaps that's
acceptable.

The reason you can't just change it is that directories are named
based on the list name, among other reasons.