[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Ryan LeBlanc hosting at analoghosting.com
Wed Feb 6 03:02:11 CET 2002

I just started using mailman, and am hoping somebody can help me with a
problem I am having.

I have virtual domains setup on my server, and I can get mailman working
with them, except for one thing.

I manually update the config.db using bin/config_list, and setup all the
paths for the virtual domain.  The problem comes in when I try to use a
different posting address.  for example, say I set up a list name:
test_domain1.com

Well, the posting address is test_domain1.com at domain1.com, and it works just
fine.  However, I would like to use test at domain1.com.  When I do that, I get
a bounce from Mailman saying the message was addressed implicitly.

So, either, there is an option in config.db I can't change with
bin/config_list, or the setting that checks the address is stored elsewhere.

I looked into bin/withlist, but I unfortunately do not know Python, so I
don't even know where to start with it.  I was able to do a little with it,
but I don't know all the objects I can use.  I was able to get
GetEmailRequest to display, only because it was mentioned in the examples.

Thanks for any help

Ryan LeBlanc
hosting at analoghosting.com